Like any beta, the iPhone OS 4 Developer preview is buggy. Below is a running list of issues that I have run into, or which have been reported by other sources. I’ll cross them out when I find them fixed in future builds. The initial list contains all known bugs from the first beta, build 8A230M.
If I didn’t find the bug myself, credit is given in parentheses.
- Installation issues on Windows machines (PCWorld)
- Issues joining WPA2 protected networks (PCWorld)
- Screen scrolls back and forth without user input during SMS/MMS sending
- Keyboard covers portion of message body sometimes covering text while typing (especially after attaching an image)
- Occasional failure to display navigation header, requires reboot to restore
- Keyboard sometimes covers text while typing
- In Gmail accounts, mail is archived and not deleted. No way to change to deletion instead
- backup fails in iTunes, saying iPhone has refused the request
- Setting custom wallpapers can occasionally fail
- Occassional failure to detect cellular network to launch store
-Considerable lag at launch